Theses (Bachelor and Master)
It is possible to write Bachelor and Master Theses at the Seminar for Population Economics on all research topics of the chair. Students, who write their thesis at the Chair for Population Economics, should generally have attended a seminar held by the chair (Bachelor Thesis) or a M12 Workshop (Master Thesis). Students who are interested in the chair’s research themes but do not fulfill the requirements are welcome to submit a request for thesis mentoring. Commitment for supervision in such cases is however, not guaranteed.
Should you be interested in completing your thesis with us, please contact our chair secretary Sabine Njoku via E-Mail six weeks (minimum) in advance of the date you plan to commence:
Your E-Mail should include the following details:
- An up-to-date transcript of records, verifying the fulfillment of the official thesis admission requirements. In the case of you not fulfilling the requirements, please submit a statement explaining under which conditions these requirements will be fulfilled by the date upon which you are officially due to begin your thesis.
- A short CV including information which could be relevant regarding the topical emphasis of your thesis (practical training, software and language skills, etc.).
- Your requested official thesis period.
- Where applicable, the name of your desired supervisor, the fulfillment of which can not be guaranteed.
- Where applicable, a suggestion regarding the topic or a specific theme.
We normally allocate Bachelor theses in the complete second calendar week. Should this however coincide with appointments, such that you require a different allocation date, then please inform us respectively via Email.
Please note the guidelines and formal directions of the ISC-Department regarding contents, form and submission of a thesis: